Thursday, April 26, 2012

Jonah Butler...funny / interesting / drummer guy



i know my place, but it don't know me.”-Jonah Butler 

It's so rare that I run into people who write stuff I like or write the way I like, or who I think are interesting and funny.  Probably because I'm not well read.  One of my favorite writers of all time is a Landscape Supervisor named Doug.  He wrote letters to his customer's about their landscaping issues and why they were so stupid.  But after you read the letter, even though you knew in your head he was putting them down and giving them shit, it sounded like he was in love with them.   It made no sense!  Plus we loved him because it was the years when Farside was real big and a lot of the cartoons were about "Doug.  

Is there a point to all of this?  Yes!  This is why I like the stuff Jonah writes.  Very original!   Like his quote above, love it!  Damn I hope he wasn't quoting somebody else.  In any case it sounds like something he would say.












No comments:

Post a Comment